Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Fonts    

Fonts

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Fonts

Hi everyone,
I need some help here, please. I �ve downloaded a couple of wss today that had the font which I obviously I don �t have on my pc (it all appears as if written in musical notes, and in the font box it says "Forte"). I �ve tried editing, ie changing the font, but it takes sooo much time and messes up the layout. So what should I do? Any help will be much appreciated.
Sophia
PS I know it�s all about football now, but may be, just may be there are some of you who are not watching it.

7 Jul 2010      

blunderbuster
Germany

Sophia, couldn �t you just download "forte"?

I know how you feel, non-editable ws don �t pose this problem.

7 Jul 2010     

viccxx
Greece

you must download the font, there is no way around it. This can be prevented if when somebody creates a worksheet, they chose the "embed true type fonts" option in the save options. But not everybody can do it, because it really makes the file bigger and then you might not be able to upload it. I have the font PM me your email if you want it.
Hugs Vicky

7 Jul 2010     

libertybelle
United States

Go to the menu where you "select".
Click on Select all and then change the fonts to ones you have.

7 Jul 2010     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I �m going to try these options and see what works. And for the record, blunderbuster, I �m not a power user as some of you appear to be so I �m just exploring things which for you might seem just basics. I �m a fast learner, just a bit conservative (wonder how these two mix togetherSmile) Non-editable ws? Well imagine a pictionary with some 40 rectangles with embedded text you have to change like manually (not automatically) and they �re all grouped or whatever it �s called... BTW, blunderbuster, wasn �t there your post in here just the other night about exploring the new stuff, so you can �t but know how timeconsuming that may be... 
It just sometimes seems that everyone else speaks Greek (no offence, it �s just the saying) until you get it. Don �t you sometimes feel like your own hero when it happens?...
OK, enough of the blunder or I �ll get bustedSmile
Thanks again,
I need a fresh head, will get to the post in the morning and reread your suggestions.
Cheers
Sophia

8 Jul 2010     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Blunderbuster and viccxx, I now have the free font in my pc from the net, so everything is fineBig smile Actually I had to download quite a few of them and some like Lucinda Calligraphy were not available for free download so I had to change them anyway. 
Libertybelle select all doesn�t work with autoshapes with embedded text (or whatever they�re called)Unhappy
Thanks,
Sophia

8 Jul 2010     

viccxx
Greece

I had Lucinda calligraphy...If you ever need a font PM first I will probably have it, I �m what you might call a collector Wink

By the way, we in Greece say "it sounds like Chinese to me" not "it sounds like Greek" for obvious reasons!!!LOL

8 Jul 2010