Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Online Placement Test for All Levels    

Online Placement Test for All Levels

Lina Ladybird
Germany

Online Placement Test for All Levels

Dear all,

Some colleagues might be looking for a good placement test for the following levels: elementary, pre-intermediate, intermediate and upper-intermediate. Today, I came across this one which I think is very appealing:

You could even do that test yourself to see how good your English really is!! ;))))

I hope it will be useful for some of you.

Warm greetings from sunny Germany - Silke

8 Jul 2010      

lovemykids
Uruguay

Really useful!!! A hug

8 Jul 2010     

baiba
Latvia

Thank you, dear Silke! I have never seen it before and I am sure I �ll use it at the right time!

8 Jul 2010     

almaz
United Kingdom

Thanks, Silke. I �d been looking for something exactly like this earlier today for some new summer students. This is ideal.

Ta, again!

Alex

8 Jul 2010     

sp.watson
Thailand

A word of warning!
Although the test questions and format are really good I tried it myself and got 98% (I got one question stem wrong with a "would you" instead of a "will you" question tag) - however I was graded as intermediate and given the advice to continue my studies to progress to upper-intermediate!!!
Presumably to get Advanced or Near-native speaker you need to get at least 200%!!!

8 Jul 2010     

yolprica
Spain

Thanks Silke, I needed something like this and I didn �t find anything that suited my needs. Next September I �ll have to do a placement test because we have more candidates than places?? for the bilingual section. (I have changed my photo but not for long because I don �t like this one)
Cheers
Yolanda

8 Jul 2010     

libertybelle
United States

I agree with Watson - I also got a 98%.  I �m totally insulted!
I usually don �t consider the abbreviation - OK as a question tag.
(let �s do it)

8 Jul 2010     

elderberrywine
Germany

I was also told that I have had some ( SOME!!) contact but should continue my studies to reach intermediate level or so.... strange!

8 Jul 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

@sp.watson and libertybelle

*LOL* Your results only prove what is clear anyway: this test is not aimed at native or very advanced speakers!! LOL However, it definitely suits MY needs. I just want to find out roughly how advanced my new ss are and I want them to have fun while doing such a test. ;))

I wonder what will happen when you reach 100 %... They�ll probably still recommend taking a refresher course in order to make people buy their books. *lol*

@Yolanda

I also liked your old photo better. Star

8 Jul 2010     

silvanija
Lithuania

My days of the week were incorrect. Started from Sunday CryLOL
Thank you, Silke.

8 Jul 2010     

teresapr
Portugal

Thanks a lot Silke!It will be very useful in September!

8 Jul 2010     

1    2    Next >