Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Books for children    

Books for children

SaraMariam
United States

Books for children

I was wondering if anyone knows a good website, where one could buy second hand or cheap books for kids (preferable in the UK sue to the shipping costs), except for amazon and ebay. (real books, not for download) :)

Hugs
Sara

17 Jul 2010      

almaz
United Kingdom

What about a book exchange site, Sara? Something like http://bookmooch.com/ which kind of works on the same principle as eslp: put something in, get something back...

Worth a look, anyway.

Alex

Oh, and there�s also http://www.abebooks.com/ -  online bookshop includes good value (and hard-to-find) 2nd hand books.

17 Jul 2010     

amyi
France

Hello there, I buy English books for my classroom and for my (bilingual) sons from Amazon UK and Amazon France.  I have also found second-hand English books in our local Emmaus shop - it �s worth a try!

17 Jul 2010     

libertybelle
United States

I also buy used book through Amazon Uk - and they are really cheap!!
It �s wonderful that they give the option of buying used and not only new.

17 Jul 2010     

jamiejules
France

I use bookmooch as well and it works really well! quite a few kids books on there.
have a good evening

17 Jul 2010     

SaraMariam
United States

Thanks a lot for your ideas :) i really appriciate them!

17 Jul 2010     

Jayho
Australia

I buy second-hand childrens books from the library (their discards) and second hand sales (like church fetes). Sometimes I also use e-bay and Amazon.

18 Jul 2010