Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > leisure activities    

leisure activities

asesinocerebral.
Costa Rica

leisure activities

hi friends I am again, I have to give a class about leisure activities, but I need to know what is the structure that I have to teach because jus vocabulary doesn �t work

help me give a example of the structure of leisure activities
supposing, my students don´t know anything about english I was thinking on simple something like this "what is your leisure activity? or what is her leisure activity? she reads a book or I have a nap just tell me, is it right

18 Jul 2010      

dturner
Canada

I would talk about verbs used for leisure.  Use play for many sports and games.  Use the actual verb for an action -- for example.  I knit socks and sweaters.  Knit is the action verb.  I collect stamps.  Collect is the action verb.  Students make a lot of mistakes using play.  Like, "I play the computer."  This is not right.  I play on the computer would be all right or I use the computer to send email. I play a clarinet would also be all right.  And so on.  Leisure time activities are those you do during your free time.  Ask your students what they do during their free time.  Equate free time with leisure.  There are a lot of ws on this site to do with play and leisure.  Look them up.

18 Jul 2010     

Jayho
Australia

There are a handful of lesson plans on leisure here at this site.  Maybe you could also peruse them for ideas.

Simply enter leisure as your search word and lesson plans for type.

Level: Age: Type:

Contents:  
Enter here the contents you are looking for (phrasal verbs, halloween,...)

Cheers

Jayho

18 Jul 2010     

SMGio
Argentina

Depending on the level of your students you can teach different structures.

You can teach How often? + Adverbs of frequency: "How often do you play tennis?"
I  usually play tennis at the weekend / I never play tennis, I prefer playing football / I play tennis  twice a week / etc.

You can also teach expressions to make suggestions / making plans: Let �s go to the cinema / Why don �t we go to the cinema on Saturday? / What about or How about going to cinema tomorrow? (in this case remember that What about? or How about? are always follow by the main verv + ing)  Good luck!!

18 Jul 2010     

SueThom
United States

I �d never looked up lesson plans on this site--thanks for the suggestion, Jayho!

What about working with fairly simple questions/answers, e.g.
   What do you do for fun? or What do you do in your free time?
    Do you play soccer (or football)?
    Do you knit?
    Do you read books?
    Do you email your friends?
    Yes, I play soccer.   No, I don �t play soccer.
    Yes, I read books.   No, I don �t read books.

18 Jul 2010     

Jayho
Australia

My pleasure Sue.

Whilst prepping for 2morrow I stumbled across a good ws that fits well with your suggestion.  It�s here at English Banana, but then again, there are heaps of wonderful ws�s here that deal with leisure that would also fit your suggestion.

Cheers

Jayho

18 Jul 2010     

almaz
United Kingdom

�La-muerte �,

Just noticed you uploaded an essay with two names on them (the teacher and the student) but neither of them correspond to �Jose Cerdas � (your �name �). You wouldn �t be using multiple accounts, would you, you devil?

18 Jul 2010     

Cartuxa
Portugal

Hi! You could also make them practice  the modal CAN for ability, as in �He can surf but he can �t sail�, � Can you play the piano?� ...Have a nice week! :o) 

18 Jul 2010