Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > No luck uploading a powerpoint!    

No luck uploading a powerpoint!

anitarobi
Croatia

No luck uploading a powerpoint!

I don �t know about you, but I still can �t upload a powerpoint! Have been trying for 2 days now... It �s way below 2 MB (in fact, less than 1), all the right extensions.... but keep getting the INTERNAL SERVER ERROR thing... and the cafe doesn �t work - so saaaaaaaaaaaaad!
Hope it �s all better tomorrow!

19 Jul 2010      

Nebal
Lebanon

What shall I say? The usual tip " Try again and again and againnnnnnnnn........." ;))))
I hope you can upload it, as ur contributions can �t be missed.
Kisses
Butterfly
P.S. Of course, we agree..... We always do.

19 Jul 2010     

viccxx
Greece

Can you copy the exact text of the error message you are getting and tell us? Maybe it �s technical error with your computer and nothing to do with the server...

19 Jul 2010     

mrs_teach
Bulgaria

This is the exact text of the error message. 

Active Server Pages error �ASP 0113 �

Script timed out

/send_printables/sendpowerpointsnew.asp

The maximum amount of time for a script to execute was exceeded. You can change this limit by specifying a new value for the property Server.ScriptTimeout or by changing the value in the IIS administration tools.

19 Jul 2010     

viccxx
Greece

Well, this is what is wrong, in my humble opinion. The ASP code that you are having trouble with runs on the server of the website. What is happening is that this code contains a time limit, say for example 20sec. When the user tries to upload something if it is not complete inbn 20 secs, the server stops trying to complete the transaction and you have to start over. This prevents the server from trying to upload indefinetelly and thus crashing thr system.

This time is usually set by the designer or a webpage to a logical time frame like 90 seconds or a minute. If the server though is overloaded and you pass the time limit you get this message and you have to start over again.
There is a page in Microsoft�s support that described how to change this, but it really wouldn�t do anything for you as you are not the one controlling the ASP. Plus, you need to have a special internet control manager program installed that only web designer really use, it�s not probably included in standard Windows version ( i don�t know, I haven�t checked).

My guess is that the continuous efforts to upload are cramming the server. Give it a rest and try and upload at a time that not a lot of users are active. If nothing else works, contact Victor with your problem and he might be able to do something about it.
Sorry for the long-windedness and for the fact that I only told you what the problem is, not really solved it....

PS: this is the site if you want to check it out

19 Jul 2010