Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Help please!teenagers..    

Help please!teenagers..

karire
Ireland

Help please!teenagers..

Hi Everyone!

I �m looking for some inspiration! I currently have a group of teenagers (pre-inter)who are not highly motivated, and need some interesting ideas to teach the topic of food�

I have reading exercises, but i was wondering if anyone could suggest teaching ideas to promote writing/speaking? Particualrly in relation to food around the world..

Thanks for taking the time,

A very tired teacher

20 Jul 2010      

Mariethe House
France

have a look at this and... Cheer 
Up!

http://www.eslflow.com/foodrestaurantlessonplans.html

20 Jul 2010     

marta_marta
Poland

Hi,
Maybe you could ask your students to bring some pictures of food and then teach the vocabulary. They could make a colage in groups and/or write something about it. It would be good if you could provide a model piece of writing.
You can also prepare a fun quiz about food from different  parts of the world. If you could provide a prize for the best group, maybe they would feel more motivated.
I think any kind of vocabulary games work well with teenagers.

I hope it helps.

Best regards,
Marta

20 Jul 2010     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi
Have a look here
http://www.mes-english.com/vkeypals/restaurant.php

It �s a very nice project in Mark �s site. I have done it, twice and my students really loved it. You can check my students � works, the ones from Portugal, at the bottom of the page.
Hope you find domething useful.
linda

20 Jul 2010