Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > VACATION CLASSES    

VACATION CLASSES

mary-butterfly
Brazil

VACATION CLASSES

HI
I �M ON VACATION RIGHT NOW.
BUT NEXT WEEK I �M TEACHING AGAIN AND I NEED A SONG TALKING ABOUT VACATION OR A GOOD WARM UP FOR THE FIRST DAY OF THE CLASS.
THEY ARE TEENS
THANKS IN ADVANCED
KISSES FROM BRAZIL

23 Jul 2010      

Rainboow
Poland

Hello, I was thinking about a song for the first day of schoolyear and I thought about "Our last summer" by ABBA, after listening for thw first time students would have to find in the song famous places. Hope I helped Wink

Cheers
Monika

23 Jul 2010     

franknbea
United Kingdom

Hi Mary,
why not try "Summer Nights" John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John
or "Holi-Holiday" By BoneyM which has got a really good calypso type beat or as a last resource you could try "Summer Holiday" by Cliff Richard, but this one might be a bit tricky to pass by teenagers as it is so old.
All these can be downloaded from Youtube.
I sometimes do a warm up by playing �hang-man � and each student gets a go at the board. In this situation I set the criteria at words related to the holiday.
It usually sets the mood for a good humoured and positive class.

I wish you the best of luck on your return to class.
Best Wishes
Frank

23 Jul 2010     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Yeah, Frank is right about "Summer Holiday" by Cliff Richard. I �ve tried it with my ss in June, many of them were not interested. Though I think it �s a very nice song and an easy and catchy melody. If you can play the guitar, you could do it without a video and your teens wouldn �t have to know it �s oldWink
Sophia
P. S. If you�re a registered user on Busyteacher there�s a whole set of back to school activities with lots and lots of fun activities and tips. They are available for free download.

23 Jul 2010     

Nice
Brazil

Hi Mary,

There is a song by Madonna called "Holiday".
Hope you like it!
All the best!

23 Jul 2010     

mary-butterfly
Brazil

thanks for your help..kisses

24 Jul 2010