Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > teaching vocabulary / magazines    

teaching vocabulary / magazines

wende
Spain

teaching vocabulary / magazines

Hi! How are all of you? These days have been hard having ESL Printables out of service, but now we �re back to normal ^^
I would like to ask some questions, I hope you can help me (please notice that I �m a very unexperienced teacher):

1st (and most important): I am having one-to-one lessons with a 17 yo girl and I �ve noticed that she has very little vocabulary, even the most basic words (also her level overall is quite low too). She is in highscool and she �s supposed to be pre-intermediate, as she has been studying English for 8 years at school. Teaching her grammar is very difficult as she doesn �t understand the words in examples, and therefore practising readings is very difficult too. How would you manage this? I am having her textbook from last year as a reference, but even that is hard for her to understand.

2: What can you tell me about "English Teaching Professional" magazine? is it useful? Would you subscribe to it?

Thank you VERY MUCH in advance
have a nice weekend :)

24 Jul 2010      

Vivilui
Argentina

I �ve had quite a few of those cases and in my experience i would suggest to start everything from the very beginning; as if it were her first encounter with the english language. Then, perhaps, she starts remembering old things. But that will depend on the girl �s effort and will to learn. I hope it is useful. Good luck.

24 Jul 2010     

zoed izyan
Philippines

good day to all, I am just  new on this site and honestly just today I july 31 ,2010 ,, and i am amaze with this informative  worksheet and exercises...i even registered my name as a member  BUT my my problem is i have a difficulty on how to create exercise in manipulating the computer because im not a computer expert I �ve   just learned it through experienced..  I want to download the worksheet that i like to  but how could I send mine? i only have limited time to  hands on computer because i dont have my personal computer... .. i only used USB for my own  consumption//thanks        

31 Jul 2010