Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Small test for kids    

Small test for kids

Sunnykids
Vietnam

Small test for kids

I �m going to finish a course for 3-5 years old kids. I �m wondering it is wise to have them tested with some short questions or not. I think I can give some remark to their parents on the course and their improvement. How can I do?
Please, if you are experienced with this age, give me some advice. Thanks alottttttttttttttt!

26 Jul 2010      

Yams
Argentina

I do it!!!
you can ask them some questions, for example you show them a picture (a cat) and they have to say cat, or tell them to do something, for example: jump! and they jump, colour the sun yellow, and they do it.
you need to know if your students have learnt something, because parents will ask you, so you have to be ready to answer, and parents really like seeing their children learning another language.... simple questions will help you...

26 Jul 2010     

traducciones
Argentina

You can try with picture dictation, for example you tell them: the cat in on the table and sts draw it. You can do this with presposition of place, have got/has got, colours.

Good luck!

27 Jul 2010     

Sunnykids
Vietnam

Yes, I did the same today and the result was great. I show them some pictures and ask them about the colors, animals.... They did well and happy too. Thank you two for your help!

28 Jul 2010