Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Who is Helloboy?    

Who is Helloboy?

zailda
Brazil

Hi Lisa!

It �s amazing how far they can go out of jealousy, because jealousy is the only explanation I can find for someone reporting your ws. Yes, we all know that besides a teacher you �re also an artist - and so does this person, that �s why I gues his reason for doing that.

I didn �t see your ws at the reporting page (it �s not there anymore, fortunatelly!) but I �m glad everything is OK now.

Of course I think this person shouldn �t get away with murder. IMHO people who report unfairly should be reported to Victor. If this person created this new account only for your ws reporting (what an undesirable honor!!!) he should be banned because having multiple accounts is not allowed according to the rules.

Have a nice day!

29 Jul 2010     

aliciapc
Uruguay

I agree with Lisa in that not everyone should have the right to report ws. Maybe there should be a minimum of points to do so...  BTW, sth that I think is also unfair is that people with only 30 points get to download 30 ws a day !! That �s too much for too little work !! The points to be a premium member should be increased too.... just my humble opinion ...
And, Lisa, I agree with the rest of the colleagues that you are an exceptional, helpful member, so don �t worry about what �s happened, Zailda is right : this is just a poor jealous person trying to cause trouble ...  ( don �t let he / she succeed ! )  Cheer up !

29 Jul 2010     

almaz
United Kingdom

It definitely seems like a pathetic attempt at vengeance but �helloboy � (probably originally intended to be hellboy but the moron can �t even get that right) started his account back in June of last year at least, so it �s obviously not a new account. It smells to me of some sort of a �sleeper � account - to be reactivated when needed (in the event of a cancelled account or a need to be nasty to another member for some imagined slight). Does anyone recognise this person �s �style �? This type tends to be a repeat offender.

29 Jul 2010     

Aimee/S.
Israel

Sorry to hear about that...
A user with only 11 points should not have the right to report worksheets.

It has been suggested a while ago that members should have a certain amount of points in order to be able to report worksheets:

29 Jul 2010     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

I don �t know how that could have happened, because last month when I joined this community, there was a ws that one of the members stole from me from busyteacher website., and I couldn �t report it because I had less than 30 points at the moment. The "the reasons for reporting a contribution" option wasn �t even visible to me. MJ Misa reported it for me.
Sophia 

29 Jul 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Linda,

I once was reported by a member that signed up with a second account after her first account was canceled. But relax. People know you, you don �t have to worry. Let jerks be jerks, don �t lower yourself to their level by giving them what they want: your irritation.

I believe Sun Tzu was right when he said "Every battle is won before it �s ever fought." Try to relax.

Regards

Edit: I see that all your Halloween ws are unblocked again ;o)

29 Jul 2010     

svponce
Argentina

Dear colleagues, u r all right about this great teacher whose ws were reported, but it �s unfair 4 all of us new members not to be allowed to download ws with our points, I only got 86 I think...sorry but I got to tell u this, I �ll be working hard to have more points asap...xoxo!!!cheers from buenos aires!Samanta

29 Jul 2010     

zailda
Brazil

If you have 86 points you �re a premium member so you are allowed to download 30 ws from the recent contributions a day. As any of us were at the beginning.

29 Jul 2010     

Zora
Canada

Hi Lisa sweetie,

Sorry to see what happened to you. I agree with Aimee (and you, of course), I think that certain amount of time (and a minimum of worksheets, perhaps) should be required here on the site before you can report work. I think that would be the one way to keep some of the "revenge" reporting to a minimum.

Hugs,
Linda

29 Jul 2010     

< Previous   1    2