Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > How useful movies are!    

How useful movies are!

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

How useful movies are!

Things we would never know without movies.

http://www.bl.net/forwards/movies.html

Movies are so useful that once, my dog had to have a blood transfusion (on a Sunday, just because it �s easier to find a clinic) and the only one I found, had only one vet on duty, so when I asked if I could help, he gave me the blood bag to hold, and I started to move my hands up and down as if on a seesaw, the vet asked me: "Are you a nurse?"... and I said: "No, but I watch movies!!"

LOL

PS: Having checked that all visible threads below have been answered, I �ll start posting new things. Hope you understand:

30 Jul 2010      

anitarobi
Croatia

I �ve posted this many times, but I �m not sure if you used it - one of our members posted it last year and I love it

http://www.travelbtm.com/apps/videos/channels/show/447948-our-world-in-movies-... it �s great when you teach tourism, travelling or simply different cultures...

30 Jul 2010     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

Did not know of the link, Anita!
Thanks for telling me. Actually, it will be really useful, as we have an European girl having cultural interchange classes with our Brazilian students!
Thanks so much!

30 Jul 2010     

anitarobi
Croatia

And do check the site further - it has short clips for various topics chosen for English lessons. I use it often...

30 Jul 2010