Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > outdoor games    

outdoor games

traducciones
Argentina

outdoor games

Hello teachers!

Next class we are going to celebrate children�s day at the institute and I want to make sth interesting and funny. I was thinking about an outdoor game in our little patio but I�m running out of ideas.. can you help me please ???? My sts are 10 years old and they are very energetic!!

Thanks a million!

4 Aug 2010      

lapaoiza
Argentina

check your pm! have a nice child�s day!

4 Aug 2010     

Errie
Japan

Hello Lapaoiza,

I know somebody else who would like to get a pm too...Wink
I �ve also ran out of ideas....

4 Aug 2010     

hieu_ngoc
Canada

lapaoiza, we �d love to hear your outdoors game ideas Tongue. Could you (maybe...) post for all to see, or send me a pm, too?

4 Aug 2010     

franknbea
United Kingdom

Hi Lapaoiza,
depending on how many students you have, you could get them to write the alphabet with their own bodies (see example)
See full size image

you could see how many letters they can make and award prizes for the best efforts.
They can do this lying down so as to avoid dangerous acrobatics.
Good luck!

4 Aug 2010     

baiba
Latvia

Excellent tip, Frank!

4 Aug 2010     

dawnmain
United Kingdom

Clothes game:
you need 2 big bags each with (for example) a hat, a scarf, gloves, adult size shoes, socks, a skirt, blouse, a cardigan, a pair of glasses, a pair of leggings, a necklace, a watch  etc.

put the kids in two teams, in lines.  one person is nominated as captain.

You say 1,2,3 skirt.  the captains run to their bag find the skirt put iton then run back.
First back gets a point.
Then you say 1,2,3 socks, the next person runs to the bag puts on the socks, runs back and takes the socks off, gives them to the captain to put on.  First captain to have both socks on wins a point.  Then repeat with the rest of the teams until the captains are dressed in all the clothes. 

Great fun!

4 Aug 2010     

MarionG
Netherlands

the game �Twister � is fun to do an if you have some colors you can make it a lot bigger including more colors and more bodyparts, (elbow on pink, nose on orange) hilarious with 20 kids at once... (I �ve actually seen this done at a festival �s kids activity)

4 Aug 2010     

traducciones
Argentina

Thank you very much ! Your ideas are really useful!!!

4 Aug 2010