Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Looking for authentic recordings for my students!    

Looking for authentic recordings for my students!

frenchfrog
France

Looking for authentic recordings for my students!

I am looking for authentic recordings for my students. So if you are a native speaker and willing to help me, here is the procedure:

1) Go to the following Audio Dropbox (Click on OK to configure your microphone. You don�t have to leave your email address if you don�t want to):

2) Record your voice!

Here are the topics I would like you to talk about. Of course you can skip a topic if you don�t want to answer it or if you are simply not inspired!

�         Your first / Christian name (if you have an unusual name, could you please spell it?!) (family name: optional)

�         Your nationality / Your origins

�         Your age

�         Your date of birth

�         Your place of birth

�         Your place of residence

�         What you look like (hair, eyes, height, figure, particular features)

�         What you are like (your personality / character)

�         Your family: brothers / sisters, children, etc.

�         Your pets: type � name � age � colour(s)

�         What you like doing / to do in your free time.

�         The countries you have been to / visited and the countries you would like to visit

�         Your dreams

The idea is, of course, to have something like �Hello! My name is � I am ��

If you have some time to spare, you can also make a recording about your best friend or a member of your family. If you have children, involving them would be great too (It is so rare to find recordings of young native speakers)!

Thanks a lot in advance for your PRECIOUS help!

20 Aug 2010      

ELOJOLIE274
France

great idea! last year our English assistant recorded himself (level A1-A2), I could send it to you tomorrow if you �d like!
take care!
Elodie

20 Aug 2010     

baiba
Latvia

Hello FF,

I can �t record a podcast for youDisapprove but take a look at this page with authentic kids� voices http://soar2newheights.wikispaces.com/Class+Podcasts

20 Aug 2010     

Greek Professor
Greece

Hi Frechfrog...I would love to help...

Let me see what I can do...
Well with Mozilla it doesn�t work...only with IE
Sorry again  FF but I am not getting the Audio Dropbox.

20 Aug 2010     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Froggy
Would love to help, but  I am not the kind of native you �re looking for. Indeed, I AM A NATIVE. JUST LIKE YOU .  Hug
Have you checked all  xtranormal Voices? Some are really good.
Well, may be just me and my imagination,

So glad to hear from you

Sending Big Hugs, if I can help, whenever, let me know.

A big kiss
Linda

21 Aug 2010     

Jayho
Australia

I �ll give it a go a little later on - I need to wake up properly first and have my morning coffee

EDIT:  It doesn�t work for me FF.  When I click on the red record icon it says recording, then 1 second later it says stopped.  I tried numerous times but to no avail.  I did a test on the CLEAR homepage and it was ok. 

21 Aug 2010     

ELOJOLIE274
France

Hi!
why not trying to use audacity? it �s a free software, very easy to use! i �ve done a tutorial (free of charge) if you want to try it!
take care

21 Aug 2010