Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Something weird...    

Something weird...

zailda
Brazil

Something weird...

Since I logged in today I �m receiving a message from IE: the site wants to run "2007 Microsoft Office application". It happens every time I access the main page, and since we had some issues with virus, I won �t let it run the bloody application.

The warning comes on the top of the page, it �s a small box in yellow. Does somebody else get the same warning when accessing the main page?

I haven �t logged in every day as I used to. Is this normal? Is it happening with other members? Did I miss something?

20 Aug 2010      

mariannina
Italy

Hi! No, Zailda, it �s not happening with me!
Ciao

20 Aug 2010     

zailda
Brazil

It only happens with IE (prefearable for this site), nothing happening with Firefox or Chrome.

weird...

20 Aug 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

I use Internet Explorer all the time, but I �ve never faced such a problem before...

20 Aug 2010     

yanogator
United States

Yes, I am getting it, too, where the pop-up blocker messages usually are. I certainly am not going to allow it, since it certainly isn �t something from this site.

Bruce

20 Aug 2010     

almaz
United Kingdom

I got it on IE - but no problems with Safari.

20 Aug 2010     

korodi4
Hungary

It �s a harmless program of Microsoft that tries to save the virtual memory of your computer.
The only thing it does that there won �t open a new window when you download a worksheet, and by this the performance of your computer will be a bit better, faster. First I was shocked too, but my son (he �s a computer programmer) told me that I don �t have to be afraid of this tool, it won �t do any harm to my computer

21 Aug 2010     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi Zailda
Everything is fine under mozila.

I have never been able to open under Safari ( I always get a message server not found - long, long ago,   I gave  up trying on line printables, never works )
Right now,  tried both,
Mozilla is fien, sending you big HUGHS, Safari, as usuaal, doesn �t show up

Hope you can solve that

Tons of kisss to Brazil
Linda

21 Aug 2010     

Mabdel
Morocco

Hi ! with Internet Explorer  I �ve never seen such problem. Hope you can solve it.
have nice time

21 Aug 2010     

zailda
Brazil

Hi!

The issue may have been solved anyway, I �m not getting the message.

Thanks

21 Aug 2010     

GIOVANNI
Canada

I have the same with IE.

21 Aug 2010     

1    2    Next >