Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > TESOL_Pre-inter level    

TESOL_Pre-inter level

Dannyngo
United States

TESOL_Pre-inter level

Have a good day to everyone,

I need more helps about my Tesol exam about SPEAKING METHODOLOGY SKILLS...

My topic is "School Talks", Does anybody give me some ideas please? I am confused with which one I do frist? Do I need to introduce some vocabularies and structures in my speech? When using pairworks or groupwork is more logical?

Sincerely,

22 Aug 2010      

lshorton99
China

Whihc exam are you doing and what is the purpose of the exam? Do you have to give a talk about school or write an essay about speaking methodology in the context of a talk about school. What level is your exam?

If you could be clearer in what you require, I �m sure someone will be able to help you!

Lindsey

22 Aug 2010     

Dannyngo
United States

Thank you Lindsey,
My exam is TESOL course. I mean I am required to teach A Speaking Lesson Plan for my students(pre-inter level) in 45 minutes. But I am confused with some problems, wondering wether I teach some vocabularies or structure? What kind of activites for improving speaking skill or something more specific detail?Can you command for me???
Thank a lot...Have a good day!
Sincerely,

22 Aug 2010     

lshorton99
China

Thanks for clarifying.

The first thing youn need is a topic or context in which to practise speaking. What is the function you are trying to get them to use - will they be asking for information or is it a general social situation.

Once you have chosen the �theme � of your lesson, you should sit down and work out what language (vocabulary/structures) your students will need.

For example, imagine you want you students to order food in a restaurant. They would need food vocabulary and structures such as �Can I have... �, �I �d like... �

Are you aiming to work on their fluency or their accuracy. Fluency requires you to set a task and let them try it without too much interference. Accuracy would require more frequent correction.

It �s fine to pre-teach vocabulary and structure - before they attempt the speaking task make sure they have the tools (language) they need to complete it.

Hope that �s at least a starting off point for you.

Lindsey

22 Aug 2010     

Dannyngo
United States

Thank a lot Lindsey...Best wishes for you...^^!

23 Aug 2010