Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Word of the Day    

Word of the Day

Jayho
Australia

Well, Nug Nug is a gorgeous place in our country.  In fact, it�s a nature lover�s 4WD (SUV) haven that meanders along a famous river in former tobacco country.  It�s just so stunningly superb that the term nugatory was especially coined to describe this sensational 4WD experience in Nug Nug.

And, you definitely won�t find any chicken nuggets within cooee of Nug Nug or while on your nugatory. Wink

23 Aug 2010     

Zora
Canada

Oh sounds lovely Jayho! And are there Nug Nug trees in Nug Nug that give nugatory nougat nuggets??? LOL

23 Aug 2010     

Jayho
Australia

Ha ha Zora

Well, you can hug a Nug Nug tree in Nug Nug, and you can relish in delight whilst eating nougat nuggets under the shade of a Nug Nug tree in Nug Nug, and you can even be naughty behind a Nug Nug tree in Nug Nug if your heart so desires.  Afterall, Nug Nug is the ultimate in bliss and nothing beats a dose of good �ole nugatory. We all need to experience nugatory at least once in our lifetime.LOL

23 Aug 2010     

lshorton99
China

As this post is about to disappear, I thought I �d confirm the correct answer!

nugatory = trifling, worthless, of little value, insignificant, trivial, useless

Another of my mum �s favourites!

Tomorrow I shall post the third word in her holy trinity of unusal words that she loves!

Lindsey

23 Aug 2010     

Zora
Canada

@Jayho - LOL

*whispers* - I am booking a flight to Nug Nug land right now. I oh-so want to eat numerous nougat nuggets under a Nug Nug tree whilst I think of all the naughty things one can do behind a Nug Nug tree in Nug Nug bliss!!

23 Aug 2010     

Jayho
Australia

Zora - that means you have the Nug Nug Bug LOL

24 Aug 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3