Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > classroom decoration    

classroom decoration

kotyna
Czech Republic

classroom decoration

dear colleagues,
what do you usually decorate your language classes with at the beginning of a school year? I�m getting my classroom ready and looking for some tips for classroom decoration. Unfortunately, I have no projects or any other students�works from previous years because this is my first class I am going to teach. Thaknks a lot for your help.

24 Aug 2010      

audrey77
France

lucky you!!! you �ve got your classroom!!! I don �t... i just go from classroom to classroom which is a pity because i can �t decorate it!!!
you really have to decorate it because it � fun entering a pretty classroom!
2 years ago i had my classroom and i put posters of english speaking countries, pictures of different landscapes or monuments representative of english speaking countries... some punctuation advices and some phonetics... you can also make them create some rules at the beginning of the year on a computer such as raise your hand or ...hope this help!!!
have a nice day!

24 Aug 2010     

kotyna
Czech Republic

Thank you for your great advice!

24 Aug 2010     

Mariethe House
France

http://www.poster-street.com/posters/teen-posters_4.html

24 Aug 2010     

serene
Greece

Hi kotyna,

I see Audrey has given you some great advice.

For more ideas you could search the forum.

http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=13961

edit: Oh, hello, Mariethe! It seems our posts have crossed.

24 Aug 2010     

ellakass
Israel

Dear kotyna!If you want send on my pm your e-mail and I will send you photos of the decorations in my English room.Good luck!

24 Aug 2010     

viccxx
Greece

Try emailing the publishing companies whose books you are using and politelly ask them for posters, most are glad to send them for free...

24 Aug 2010