Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > JOB INTERVIEWS - your views    

JOB INTERVIEWS - your views

anitarobi
Croatia

JOB INTERVIEWS - your views

Hi, everyone!

Many of us will be facing a job interview these days, or have faced them in our professional careers. I was talking to a friend yesterday who had an unusual job interview, and I thought it might be interesting to share experiences here - the funny, unusual questions you were asked, perhaps some tests you had to take, forms you had to fill-in, strange stuff, things you thought were really good, questions you hated being asked, questions you �d love to have been asked, questions you �d ask if you were an interviewer...you know, anything you feel like sharing.
I �m really interested what the cultural or regional differences will be, if any.

25 Aug 2010      

almaz
United Kingdom

You know that stupid thing some interviewers say towards the end: "you have thirty seconds - impress me!"? Well, I have a friend of a friend who is still convinced that his Michael Jackson impersonation was unbeatable and he still can �t understand why he didn �t get the chief accountant �s job.

25 Aug 2010     

Zora
Canada

Oh god, job interviews... can�t say that I�ve ever enjoyed them. The question that I most dislike is "What�s your worst trait?" ... like I am going to admit that I fall asleep at my desk and wake up screaming... LOL

25 Aug 2010     

viccxx
Greece

"If I take a look inside your refrigerator what would I find?"

That one takes the cake! I was tempted to answer " the chopped up remains of the last person to aske such stupid questions"

25 Aug 2010     

anitarobi
Croatia

Viccxx, you �re kidding??? They really asked you that?
Almaz, what does your friend do?
Zora, really???? I hope not in classWink

25 Aug 2010     

aliciapc
Uruguay

" Would you still come to class if you were sick ? " ...   (yes, superwoman here !! ...)

25 Aug 2010     

viccxx
Greece

Yes, they really did ask me what they would find in my fridge....i just looked at the guy doing the interview like he had sprouted horns and a third eye and said "...erm..eh..food??!!!" Duh!

Even better are stories I �ve heard from my brother who is in the millitary. You go through an interview/ psychological evaluation before they take you. In one of this the interviewer asked the candidates to climp on the window and jump. Of course, when you are being interviewed for the army it �s isn �t really in your favour to refuse an order. It �s not really helping your health to jump out the window too....!

Accordong to the legend, because it has become a legend, only one candidate ever got it right. He climbed the window and jumped....in the room! The interviewer hadnt specified you had to jump OUT the window....clever, eh? The guy is probably a genersl or something by now...

serious laughs!!!

25 Aug 2010     

anitarobi
Croatia

he-he-he...

25 Aug 2010     

Ide_Bere
Mexico

I actually haven �t got a job interview for a teaching position since my work place is an extension of the school where I studied to get my teacher �s diploma. However, I remember when I had the intreview to get my teacher �s diploma and when they asked why I wanted to be a teacher, I said it was because my mother had sent me. We both laugh for my honesty and they accepted me. Now that I think about that I feel embarass and I wouldn �t say that if I have a job interview...

BTW really funny viccxx!

Bere

25 Aug 2010     

gloriawpai
Brazil

We were doing a group interview and we were asked if our house were burning, what I would take with me? I said, my id. But a girl said she �d take her ex boyfriend �s photo and then she started to cry....

25 Aug 2010     

anitarobi
Croatia

Oh dear... Disapprove
Btw, any good stuff, I mean - not funny, but stuff that impressed you and you thought �if I had my school, this is what I would ask possible candidates... �?

25 Aug 2010     

1    2    Next >