Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Curious    

Curious

SueThom
United States

Curious

Every once in awhile (like right now) when I come to this website it �s set up really w-i-d-e so that instead of being on the left, the login section is halfway off the right side of the screen and I have to scroll back and forth to read each line of text in the forum.  What causes that and is there any way I can fix it?  (It �s rather irritating, actually.)

Sue

26 Aug 2010      

zailda
Brazil

Hi!

I was about to ask the same question, same here! The site looks all distorted. It usually occurs when someone posts a big image on the forum - that �s not the case here. Besides the moderators � page also looks distorted.

Have a nice day / evening!

26 Aug 2010     

baiba
Latvia

Good morning

It may simply be "friction" between Internet Explorer and Firefox. You may see different layout of a page when viewed with IE or Firefox.

Since Victor works with Internet Explorer, some temporary distortion may occur when you view the site with Firefox. It may also happen if someone pastes on the forum a text from Word.

You can always refresh the page and hope it goes back to "normal".

26 Aug 2010     

SueThom
United States

Thanks, Zalida--it �s nice to know it �s not just me!

And, Baiba, yes, I do use Firefox. I didn �t realize it might cause a problem with Explorer. As for going back to "normal", I logged off the website and came back just now to find it the same way. Oh well, it �s a minor irritation to put with for such a fabulous website and such a caring and helpful community, isn �t it?

Sue

26 Aug 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

Hi, Sue! :))

It �s not just you I �m afraid. ;) I �m having the same problem this morning...

However, I do use Internet Explorer, so using Firefox cannot be the reason for the distorted page!! Ermm

Like Zailda, I �ve had this problem before when someone had posted a huge picture or an extremely long link, but this doesn �t seem to be the case today; so I �m at a loss, too... Unhappy

I hope everything will be back to normal soon.

Best wishes and have a nice day, everyone - Silke

26 Aug 2010     

stexstme
France

Hi Sue,
Well I use IE, & the page is completely distorted too... No big pictures, though...LOL It does not come back to �normal � (..!) when I refresh the page..
Have a nice day,
Sylvie
Hi Silke! We posted at the same time...Big smile

26 Aug 2010     

baiba
Latvia

Well, it �s really weird because nothing is distorted on my computer! Ermm

Now I�m curious too!

Edit: It may be due to the text copied and pasted a few threads below.

26 Aug 2010     

stexstme
France

Me think so, Baiba!Big smile

26 Aug 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

@Baiba

You could be right!! :)

@Sylvie

Hi! Yes, but I was quicker than you.

Tongue   LOL