Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > hi teachers!!    

hi teachers!!

cyan67
Spain

hi teachers!!

Dear friends, I need your fantastic help once more!

- Could anyone tell me which book is better: BACKPACK (longman) OR BIG BUGS (Mcmillan) I need help!

- Could anyone tell me where I can find resourses of the book Brilliant by mcmillan?

26 Aug 2010      

anitarobi
Croatia

I �ve only used Backpack. It �s good because there are both British and American versions, so you can choose from it, although I prefer using Chatterbox. Backpack lacks a bit of more childlish pics, and doesn �t have a comic book story to introduce lessons, which is what my students love. Though I guess if you use it with kids over 9, it �s quite OK. I start working on level 1 with kids who are about 7, and for them, it just looks a bit too serious. Although it does cover all the basics, and has 4 levels which progress gardually, so that part is good.  I �ve never used Big Bugs, but it looks fun.

26 Aug 2010     

Zora
Canada

I�ve not used either books... (I have seen Big Bugs though and it looks fun)..  I have used Chatterbox though - and I really must agree with Anita. It is a very good book for young kids - and older ones too since I �ve used up to Chatterbox 4. 

26 Aug 2010     

anitarobi
Croatia

I love Chatterbox 4 - one of my favourite coursebooks ever... and I �m referring to the old edition.

26 Aug 2010     

martinasvabova
Czech Republic

What exactly do you need?

26 Aug 2010