Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > A Problem with Reporting Online Exercises    

A Problem with Reporting Online Exercises

Lina Ladybird
Germany

A Problem with Reporting Online Exercises

Dear all,

Maybe I �m simply too stupid, but I haven �t managed to find out WHEN EXACTLY an OE was uploaded. When I click on a certain OE, I cannot find that date anywhere. Disapprove Am I blind??

I �m asking this question, because I �ve found a few OE at ESLP which I �ve also seen in other websites. The problem is that I cannot report them as long as I don �t know which contribution was there earlier: the one uploaded here or the one uploaded somewhere else.

If I report an OE, the author/user might claim that the person who uploaded the same exercises to another website had copied his/her work and not the other way round. So in order to avoid any conflicts I want to be absolutely sure before reporting any OE!!

I hope you �ll understand what I �m on about... Wink Can �t express my thoughts any better right now, sorry!

Thank you very much in advance for your replies - Silke

26 Aug 2010      

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Silke,
this problem has been here for a very long time. Every time I want to report an OE, I just send the link via PM to Victor, so I believe he knows about this problem.

26 Aug 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

Thanks, dear Michaela... I don �t seem to be THAT stupid then! LOL

However, this just doesn �t make sense. Why can we report wss and PowerPoints without getting into trouble, but not online exercises?? I �m not an IT expert, but I still think it wouldn�t be very difficult to add the uploading date to the page where the OE can be viewed.

If we want to keep this site as free from stolen materials as possible, something should be done to solve this problem quickly.

BTW, now I know why I rarely see any OE on the moderators� page!! No wonder...

Well, does that mean I shouldn�t report the OE I�ve found recently? Unhappy Or should I give it a try?

Question
Ermm

26 Aug 2010     

victor
Spain

I �ve just added the date to the OE. I didn �t know it was missing.
The reporting option is not working properly for OEs. Meanwhile, if you find copied ones, please send me a PM.
Thanks.

27 Aug 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

Thank you, Victor!!

27 Aug 2010