Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > TRAVELLING IDEAS    

TRAVELLING IDEAS

VALERIA FERNANDEZ
Uruguay

TRAVELLING IDEAS

HI FRIENDS, 
I PREPARED A TRAVELLING BOOK FOR MI STUDENTS ABOUT POEMS AND CHANTS AND THEY LOVED IT, BUT THE PROBLEM IS THAT I HAVE STUDENTSS FROM 11 TO 12 THAT DONT LIKE THAT KIND OF THINGS CAN U GIVE ME SOME INTERESTING IDEAS TO MAKE STH SO THAT THEY CAN ENJOY WORKING AT HOME? THIS IS THEIR 3RD YEAR OF ENGLISH AND THEY WANT INTERESTING THINGS BECAUSE THEY FEEL THEY ARE NOT KIDS (THEY ARE TEENAGERS) .
HELP ME PLZ 

27 Aug 2010      

franknbea
United Kingdom

Hi Valeria,
Firstly you �ll have to remind them (very gently of course) that they won �t be teenagers for another year. (best to do this as you are walking out of the room, as you make a smaller target that way. Or even better do it in Swahili and they �ll thjink it �s a compliment.)
Kids of that age tend to get pretty defensive about their status and they take being in their teens very seriously indeed.
They also tend to be fascinated with �adult � themes like blood and gore, so why not create a book on the subject of famous criminals or crimes/ Nothing too gory though, or the parents will start queueing up outside your class room to have a �talk � with you. Anyway, I �m sure you can come up with something along those lines.

Good Luck!

27 Aug 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

*LOL*

I �m glad to see that Frank has obviously not lost his sense of humour while being away...

@Valeria

May I recommend mena �s wonderful series of wss for teenagers to you?

Perhaps, her wss can stimulate your imagination so that you can come up with something similar...

27 Aug 2010