Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Word of the Day    

Word of the Day

Zora
Canada

Well, in Spanish... Setulous might be a mushroomy place since "seta" is mushroom.

The forest near my house is a setulous place. I often find toadstools growing everywhere.

28 Aug 2010     

lamyaa
Egypt

humm , i guess a plant may be or some kind of an unknown insect ?!Wacko

frank, may i ask you a question? where in the world do you come up with these words???!!!! , although i must admit ... impressive Clap

28 Aug 2010     

franknbea
United Kingdom

Dear David

I haven �t been a smooth operator with the girls since 1975 ugly man laugh smiley
You can see why... No flossing.
Dear Silke, check it out; http://phrontistery.info/s.html I have another source also.wink dude smiley

Dear Lamyaa, I make them up.crashing smiley No, seriously, I look them up on the net and once i have two sources with a match I know I can use it. If it �s online it must be true right?Wink

28 Aug 2010     

libertybelle
United States

Awe - Frank!  That �s a dead give away!

28 Aug 2010     

lamyaa
Egypt

well frank, if u say u made them up ,i �d surely believe you LOL

but i am so impressed by the hard work, and i am thankful too coz u make us get off the couch and think Thumbs Up although i �ve never been able to guess it right till now Embarrassed

28 Aug 2010     

Apodo
Australia

I think this word is stirring something from my long ago biology studies.
Aren �t setae hairs or something? If so setulous could be very hairy indeed 8-)

28 Aug 2010     

vickyvar
Greece

Well, I honestly don �t know the word but since Lina Ladybird said that there is no dictionary entry for it I got very curious and searched it in my dictionary and I found nothing for setulous, but I found something for "fetulous"  (fetus or foetus) which is the embryo of a mammal in its latest stages of development...

28 Aug 2010     

Fessor
Austria

set you loose???

28 Aug 2010     

Fessor
Austria

setulous = sedulous ??? (typing error)

28 Aug 2010     

GIOVANNI
Canada

Setulous - someone who is hard to handle, hard headed.
The person was so setulous and set in his ways that nothing would settle him down.
Libertybelle - I really liked your definition.  I had my laugh for the day.

28 Aug 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    Next >