Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Cartoons!    

Cartoons!

carlacarioca
Brazil

Cartoons!

Hey, everyone!

I �m planning a lesson on cartoons (or comic strips) to my students who are taking the college entrance exam (here in Brazil, the Vestibular) at the end of the year but I �m facing difficulties finding good ones available on the net. Can anyone help me? Confused

29 Aug 2010      

Flora1
Brazil

I think that will be easier to look for Brazilian sites or you should take a look at the last exams of the vestibular . TAKE  ALOOK AT THIS SITE:

ttp://www.cursoanglo.com.br/WebStander/disciplinas/index.asp?Cod=113

29 Aug 2010     

Jayho
Australia

Hi Carla

I use these links.  Maybe they will be useful for you also.
The world of Lily Wong, cross-cultural comic strip: www.lilywong.net/ (Click on archives to view 500 cartoon strips of Lily Wong)
Home of Teriyaki Girls: www.bbbcircle.com/

Here are some online teacher resouces:

Cheers

Jayho

29 Aug 2010     

...Alena...
Russian Federation

Hello dear Carla,

I hope this reference helps you somehow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjNmZE-aKJU

I used this cartoon (How They Deceived the Snake) to work on Past Simple vs Past Progressive. I stopped the cartoon in the middle to ask students what will happen next. Then played the cartoon up to the end - again with comments in the Past. Vocabulary is simple, but still I hope your students and you enjoy it immensely.

Hugs,

Helen.�

29 Aug 2010     

nika114
Greece

Thank you!!!

29 Aug 2010     

carlacarioca
Brazil

Dear colleagues! Thanks for your help! XX

29 Aug 2010