Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Word of the Day    

Word of the Day

anitarobi
Croatia

Would be a fantastic word if it were aNgerasia...

29 Aug 2010     

ditku
Poland

I would go for Latin roots. Just for fun (since I got to know the word by chance).
Ager is connected with farms, fields and soil, so maybe it �s all about the lands of Asia? :D Although I like age-connected definitions more.
:)

29 Aug 2010     

almaz
United Kingdom

Frank: OK, folks, this week �s fun project: how to use the English language to make otherwise intelligent people talk gibberish. Any ideas?
Student 1: How about a guessing game where you come up with some nonsense word like, oh... ager...ageras...agerasia, or something?
Student 2: And people have got to guess the meaning, ha ha!
Frank: Nah, it �ll never work.

29 Aug 2010     

ballycastle1
United Kingdom

The practice of lying about ones age in order to get into an adults only club? 

29 Aug 2010     

viccxx
Greece

Well, it �s basically a Greek word, but since not everyone was blessed to be a Greek (ha, ha LOL) I won �t say what it actually means. Instead I will give everyone a hint. The a in the begginning is a negative prefix, like un-. And aging was pretty close....

29 Aug 2010     

viccxx
Greece

Well, it �s basically a Greek word, but since not everyone was blessed to be a Greek (ha, ha LOL) I won �t say what it actually means. Instead I will give everyone a hint. The a in the begginning is a negative prefix, like un-. And aging was pretty close....

29 Aug 2010     

mish.cz
Czech Republic

When you think of the parts of the word and their meanings it is quite easy to guess. But I love some of the ideas you came to:-))))) Appreciate the sense of humor of some of you:-)

29 Aug 2010     

GIOVANNI
Canada

ager=a person who ages quickly
asia=a young girl

agerasia = a young girl who aged before her time.   Probably due to hard labour.

29 Aug 2010     

franknbea
United Kingdom

As this is about to go under I �d better give the answer.
Excellent answers everyone, your sense of humour is top notch!
Alex, no it �ll never work. Look at it this way, at least I get to talk even more nonsense than I usually do, and that takes some doingLOL
Thanks for playing guys.
The answer is; The state of looking younger than one actually is.

Today �s funniest answer (as chosen by a panel of distinguished non-existant entities) is;
Frank, this time you have given us a person �s name!!

I know one Agerasia who lives in Brazil Cool, she is a lovely and beautiful woman!
So Baiba, send me a pm with your preferred subject for a poem and I will arrange someone to write it for you.Big smile

29 Aug 2010     

< Previous   1    2