Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > help ideas and organization class.    

help ideas and organization class.

cristinacarre
Spain

help ideas and organization class.

Hello this year I am going to teach 6,7,8, and 9 years old ss.

Can somebody help me and give me ideas about the contents, and activities that this ss have to achieve.

Also how to asses them. Do you have a template asses.

What about the behavior, do you have a useful behavier template to make them responsable.

Were I can find information about these ages.

thanks a lot.

2 Sep 2010      

anitarobi
Croatia

If possible, I would suggest you go to a bookstore and take a look at a coursebook which has many levels (I would suggest Chatterbox - there �s Starter, and levels 1-4, and I find it extremely useful for the age groups you mention). Take a look at the contents of these books and workbooks, and the tests offered in the teachers � books to get a clearer idea of what they �re expected to learn. If you �re going to teach them without a coursebook, and it �s your first time, you should have a copy of an appropriate  coursebook for yourself so you �d know which topics to cover concerning vocabulary, spelling, reading, speaking and grammar - it helps create a framework and guides you, and you will see what to add and how to expand on the materials you need. I for one would prefer to have such a book at hand, than to rely on lots of internet data which may be abundant, but hasn �t been sorted, organised, and doesn �t quite follow the process of learning. Knowing what they �re expected to learn will help you see what you can assess. If you work for a school, they should supply you with some sort of a register. As for behaviour, you can �t really grade it, but I have a reward system - for lack of homework I give them a minus, and for doing the hw they get a plus. Three pluses are an A. It is definitely better to reward all the good that they do than to punish anything bad they do - lead by example.

2 Sep 2010     

cristinacarre
Spain

thank you very much.

cristina

2 Sep 2010