Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > ... just a curiosity    

... just a curiosity

olaola
Italy

... just a curiosity

...just  a curiosity... How do you photocopiate esl printables wss? I mean, does your school provide the photocopies for class activities? I have to pay the photocopies for my students!!!! and it has been the same in every school I have been teaching!!!!!!! Angry

8 Sep 2010      

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

No problem at our school (at least so far). We only have to write how many copies we make and try not to misuse the copy-machine. And of course we can make only B&W copies, even thought we can make colourful posters.

8 Sep 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

I �m self-employed which means that I pay for all the copies myself. (I own 2 different laser printers - one prints monochrome, the other one prints colours.)

If I have only a small group of children (3 to 4 kids) or a one-to-one lesson with an adult, I print the wss in colour. For bigger classes I print them in B&W to save toner/costs.

8 Sep 2010     

manonski (f)
Canada

The school pays for my photocopies.  I can only photocopy in black and white but the staff room has a laser printer which we use to make posters.

8 Sep 2010     

tricia973
Uruguay

I work in a state school and photocopies have been a problem for all of us - teachers - what I do is to ask students to bring the money for the photocopies they need every week. 

Generally this implies a lollypop or chewing gum missing during breaks... Some teachers complain about those who doesn �t pay for their copies... 

well, what I do is to tell students they have to write activities down in their notebooks and then money appears as magic!!

Tricia 

8 Sep 2010     

miyoko71
Morocco

I work for a private school,we have a photocopy machine and a printer.We have just to ask the administration before hand.That is if we need the WS on Monday, we have to ask for it on Thursday

8 Sep 2010     

GIOVANNI
Canada

The school pays for our black and white photocopies.  Teachers have a code and they enter the code each time they made copies.

8 Sep 2010     

Laly59
Spain

In my school we can make than photocopies as we need, in black&white. We don�t pay any money. Children contribute with a pack of 500 sheets (a pack for each child). The rest of service is paid for the Ministry of Education, greetings to everybody 

8 Sep 2010     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

God

I thought I was living in a jungle, but...

I work in a public school, we have all, I mean all, black and white copies we need; if I tell the school master I need some , let me see, 30* 3 classes colour copies, for this or that special reason, as far, he has never let me down.

Anyway, I don �t think this will last long.

Teachers are a very SPECIAL kind of ...... aliens (????)    aren �t we?

I do pay tons of small its � bit things to make them work harder, I even have to pay the stamps, whenever I start some kind of penpall exchange; the school doesn �t consider this as part of THE IMPORTANT mission we have.
As I said in a different thread, putting my kids to a chat ... WOW... let me laugh... they aren �t allowed to be in  chat, no matter how much I claim that they are improving their skills.( Linda, hope you see this )

This is a Censored

We have to live with what we have, but, for basic things I NEVER give a match. I always complain that my kids have their rights.
GOSH, I pay a ton of taxes, so, government has to brighten where my money is, aren �t I right.

Kisses to all of you,......... drop a tear,   ..........and GO BACK TO WORK, STEADY AND STRONG;

Kisses
Linda

9 Sep 2010     

naryana
Saudi Arabia

In my country , wether you are teaching in public or private school ,  you have to pay for eeeeverything  including papers, posters , equipments ....in fact just recently i have bought a projector for my classes ...the ministry doesn �t bother to provide anything for teachers ..in some case we had to reconstruct teachers �room from our own pocket .... although there is a big budget for school materials and supplies but the money goes somewhere and no one is supposed to complain ...Unhappy

9 Sep 2010     

tancredo
Portugal

I work in a public school and, depending on the number of classes I have each year, I have a credit of X photocopies a year. To give you an example - last school year I had three classes with about 25 students each. I had a credit of  3 500 photocopies which I manage according to my needs. I don �t necessarily have to use the same number of photocopies with each class. These are B&W. To make any colour photocopy I have to ask for permission which, normally, isn �t denied. Lucky all the teachers working in my schoo!.
Those of you who can �t photocopy the worksheets may  use a video projector so that all the students can watch them and do the exercises in there.(Just an idea!)

9 Sep 2010     

1    2    Next >