Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Huge Favor    

Huge Favor

sandrami60
Colombia

Huge Favor

Hello dear teachers,

I want to ask you a big favor. I will start working with the University in a project in which we are going to help English teachers from public schools in Medell�n, Colombia to improve their teaching methods, material development, etc. So I would really appreciate if you could share with me any bibliography of books that contain strategies to work in the different skills we teach our students. I mean, not only activities for students, but also strategies that teachers can implement with different topics.

You helped me a lot with online links about two weeks ago, but the administrators of the project are also asking us about books they can buy to provide the teachers and work with during the project. So far I �ve seen a series called Clockwise, but I know you can share much more ideas with me.  

Thank you very much!! Tongue

9 Sep 2010      

rodrioli15
Portugal

Hi!
You could try books written by the following authors:
Penny Ur, Jeremy Harmer, Jim Scrivener, Andrew Wright, Ben Goldstein and Jamie Keddie.
Good luck.Smile

rodrioli15

10 Sep 2010     

mcandelacch17
Argentina

Hi! These books may be useful:
The mixed ability class by Julie Tice
Evaluating your students by Andy Baxter
Helping your students to learn (a guide to learner Autonomy) by Ricky Lowes and Francesca Target.
These books are designed for teachers. Here you can find different strategies, how to cater for different cognitive styles and different types of motivation. In "helping your students to learn" you can find a chapter that deals with language skills. Hope they will be of help. Candela 

10 Sep 2010     

lorenastevens
Chile

Hi! I just saw your post. 
I �m Lorena from Chile. There are many book where you can look up. However, the only one that I can remember is : How to teach English to children.I �ll see more titles in my house.

Hugs

Lore

10 Sep 2010