Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Opera Company of Philadelphia     

Opera Company of Philadelphia

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Opera Company of Philadelphia

And this is so, sometimes, the least expected thing may happen.
Just to brighten even more your Sunday.

In an open air market, in Philadelphia, more than 30 members from the Opera Company started singing La Traviata.

Delicious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zmwRitYO3w

Linda

12 Sep 2010      

viccxx
Greece

This is how great music should be played: among the people, not in some stuffy theatre where pretentuous people go to show off their clothes!

12 Sep 2010     

lshorton99
China

Lovely video!

I �d have to disagree, viccxx. The idea that the theatre is only for pretentious people is just a form of reverse snobbery. There �s nothing like the theatre for the atmosphere and the fact that theatres have the right acoustics to be able to enjoy the music - watching people sing in a market like this would be fun but you wouldn �t be able to hear everything as well - even Verdi would have written it to be performed in a theatre! The theatre has always been by the people for the people - it �s very few who go to �show off their clothes �. When you do dress up, it �s more often than not a sign of respect for the performers, just as you would put on your best clothes if you had a visitor come to your house. Going to the theatre is not pretention, it �s appreciation of an art in the setting it was designed for.

Lindsey

12 Sep 2010     

Jackie1952
Spain

How wonderful Smile
I wish they would come to my local market.
BRAVO ClapClapClap

13 Sep 2010