Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Word of the Day Answer    

Word of the Day Answer

franknbea
United Kingdom

Word of the Day Answer

Good  Evening All!

Today �s word was; Tarantism
Answer; an urge to overcome melancholy by dancing
Your answers were excellent today. Thank you for your wit and quick thinking.

14 Sep 2010      

mish.cz
Czech Republic

Wish I was that witty! The only thing I am sure about is the word class�Embarrassed

14 Sep 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

Oh dear, this solution really puzzles me... When I was young(er) I used to go to discos every weekend, and dancing always made me feel really good. Whenever I had been in a sad mood, dancing (and therefore moving a lot) would make me feel a lot happier afterwards. So does it really mean that I used to suffer from tarantism?? Shocked

(I don �t expect any serious answers - I �m just thinking aloud. *lol*)

EDIT: aaah... I�ve just found another definition on the Internet ---> "a disorder characterised by an uncontrollable urge to dance". This means I can stop worrying now, because my personal urge wasn�t uncontrollable at all. Big smile

14 Sep 2010     

Kate (kkcat)
Russian Federation

oh yeah? A disorder? hmmmmm...oh well...but as Silke said it is uncontrollable...soooo I �m not worried anymore either lol

14 Sep 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

Hey, Kate!! Here �s your chick �s sister... LOL

14 Sep 2010     

franknbea
United Kingdom

Mish Kate and Silke,
you guys area riotLOL
Disco Boogie Tarantism at its best/ or worst, depending on your view point

14 Sep 2010     

darryl_cameron
Hong Kong

I have seen that exact chicken as the icon demonstrating morning exercise. Actually what he is doing in Lina and Kates pic is from a dance exercise program for youngsters. Where did you get it thanks ... Smile

15 Sep 2010     

SueThom
United States

A brief Wikipedia article on tarantism...for inquiring minds:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarantism

15 Sep 2010