Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > what do you do?    

what do you do?

sadoon
Oman

what do you do?

if you teach class of adult and one person has not understood what you are teaching. what do you do?

15 Sep 2010      

Cartuxa
Portugal

I tell him/her that it �s ok, it �s more difficult for an adult to learn a foreign language, to relax and that I can explain it again and again until he/she understands it. I also tell them that I love to teach so they not bothering me, it �s a pleasure...

15 Sep 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

You �re taking the words out of my mouth, dear Cartuxa! :)) I can second every word you said, because I feel exactly the same about teaching. Thumbs Up

15 Sep 2010     

arlissa
United States

I work with them publicly for a few minutes, but if they are still not understanding it then I tell them I will help them individually after we finish that section of the lesson. I think that �s important because the other students who have understood don �t need to "waste" time with me explaining more when instead they can be working on an activity or homework while I work with the individual student a little later.

15 Sep 2010     

sadoon
Oman

thank you so much for help

16 Sep 2010