Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Help needed    

Help needed

Urpi
Peru

Help needed

Good morning everyone:
 Two pieces of advice pleaseeee

1.- I was wondering what kind of activities or games can we do with our students to make them practice the indirect speech? Are there any boardgames here?

2.- The second question is a little bit more complicated for me to explain the thing is that tomorrow I have classes with 24 kids under the ages 7-9. (3 chronollogical hour class) Well tomorrow... THERE WON �T BE ELECTRICITY I am almost terrified, because usually we use videos, the projector and listening activities to make them have fun, but now I feel that they are going to get bored with painting activities for the three hours, Please I really need some  ideas.  

Thank you so much.

Urpi

17 Sep 2010      

blunderbuster
Germany

Urpi, there are tons of materials for reported speech here.....

17 Sep 2010     

adriennesmiles
Australia

can you please clear something up?

do you have 3 classes of an hour each or 1 class of 3 hours??

there are numerous games and songs you can use to fill in time and revision over things that they have already learned, make it like a quiz with winners and prizes and such to keep them having fun and motivated if you need to...that �s just a quick idea.

17 Sep 2010     

ELOJOLIE274
France

here �s a little speaking activity to practise "indirect speech" called "chain speaking"
ask one pupil to whisper to a classmate of sentence eg. "i have a dog" - then ask the the pupil to repeat what he understood eg. "Katy said (that) she has a dog" - then ask another pupil to whisper a new sentence, but this time the pupil who listens has to whisper it to a 3rd pupil...
see what I mean?

take care!

17 Sep 2010     

Flora1
Brazil

Ohh my gosh 23 kids in a class. Is it at school or at a language course. If is a language course  24 it is an absurd!!!!

18 Sep 2010