Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > International Talk Like a Pirate Day!    

International Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Homeless Turtle
United States

International Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Ahoy me hearties!

Me�d like t � wish e �erybody out thar a happy International Talk Like A Pirate Day, gar! If yar not sure what this be, tis � a day when you celebrate e �erythin � piratey by speakin � like the great and honerable gentleman o fortune of long ago. Also, if you don �t know what this be, then yar a lilly li�ard lanlubber, and yud be deservin to walk the plank!

Gar, me was wonderin � if any o � you had any pirate themed lessons or ideas for class?

Me students have finished thar exams and tis � time t � relax and have a fun lesson, gar!

18 Sep 2010      

SueThom
United States

How fun!  I never knew about it before, but am definitely putting it on my calendar to be prepared for next Sept 19th!  (http://www.talklikeapirate.com/)

You might be interested in this printable by Anitarobi that I recently found:  http://eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=420680#thetop

18 Sep 2010     

almaz
United Kingdom

Avast, ye swabs! Uz modern pirates talk Somali now...shiver me timbers (them that dies �ll be the lucky ones, yarrr!).

18 Sep 2010     

Homeless Turtle
United States

Garr, me be thankin ye fer all yer fine help me hearties! May the fortunes of Neptune shine brightest on ye, fairwinds and followin seas, garr!

19 Sep 2010