Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Grammar and Linguistics > English Grammar    

English Grammar

JudyHalevi
Israel

English Grammar

I am sorry to bring this up again, but I checked the worksheet that I downloaded this morning and then had to delete because the grammar was so apalling that there were sentences that were incomprehensible.  This worksheet now has 83 downloads.  Are people downloading because of the beautiful way it is set up, or because they have become friends with the uploader?  I admit that I do not always read the entire thing before I download, which is why I landed up with this worksheet.  Is everyone as lazy as I?

Hugs from Israel
Judy

19 Sep 2010      

crisholm
Spain

Well, er... It sometimes happens. It has happened to me, and it is very frustrating - now I simply delete them instead of trying to correct them. We all wish people were more  careful with the worksheets they upload. But then again, you can �t pay attention to every detail when you download , especially in the case of �cluttered � worksheets. I suppose I am lazy as well!

19 Sep 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

Hi, Judy! :))

When I first entered this site, I used to download all the colourful stuff, because I was so amazed by the cute pictures and everything else that I didn �t bother to look at the content very much.

However, after I had started using some of these wss I realised that they had lots of mistakes and there wasn �t much useful content at all...

Since then I have always checked the preview carefully before I download something.

As for my friends, I don �t download their wss if I don �t like them or if they don �t fit my needs at all! Of course, I like downloading my friends � materials, but I never do it just to do them a favour!!

Hugs - Silke

19 Sep 2010     

baiba
Latvia

Since that lesson when I used a beautiful worksheet from here and was put to shame and embarrassment after my students found one mistake after another in the crossword which I had not bothered to solve at home, I have NEVER again given them a ws without checking and correcting mistakes.

That was a lesson I learned.

19 Sep 2010     

franknbea
United Kingdom

Yep, happened to me too.
My students were kind enough to point it out politely but I can just imagine if it had been one of my rowdier groups. I always check now, even my own work, everything gets double checked before being used �live �.

19 Sep 2010     

manonski (f)
Canada

Even if there is a key included, I always do the exercise before my students and before photocopying. The point you are raising here today shows how much the texts from the printables need to be editable.

19 Sep 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

I would be interested in knowing who has more mistakes in ws, the people that have editable ws or the others. ;o) Editability makes lazy, ever thought of it that way?

19 Sep 2010     

JudyHalevi
Israel

There is no way to excuse that kind of worksheet, but worse than the uploader, are all the downloaders.  Are these teachers downloading and passing this worksheet on or are these students using the worksheet to learn?  Either way it is terrible.

Hugs
Judy

19 Sep 2010     

GIOVANNI
Canada

I also preview before I download.  I can understand a person making a typo and not catching it, but some worksheets have many grammar mistakes as well as spelling mistakes.  I looked at one worksheet and the grammar did not make sense at all, but like Judy said it had been downloaded a number of times. 
I read the worksheets before giving them to my students and it is important to me that the worksheets are editable.
I learned my lesson by once being in a rush and handing out a worksheet with errors, and now I make sure to veryify everything. 
We are all human and an error is made once in a while, but to submit something that is totally full of grammar errors is unacceptable to me.

19 Sep 2010     

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

I always check them twice before giving them to my students because i know that sometimes i also make mistakes and nobody is perfect. but it is kind of difficult reading the worsheet from the preview (since its moving), and be sure it doesnt have any mistakes. I think that maybe victor could add  a reporting item for worksheets that are full of mistakes.  just a though!

19 Sep 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

@Liz

Actually, that �s not a bad idea, however, where will we draw the line?? Wink Moreover, people will say we �re not supposed to be judges, and I understand that very well. Implementing such an option for reporting will most likely lead to a lot of arguments, so let �s keep things as they are now!

19 Sep 2010     

1    2    Next >