Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Computer Help needed Urgent!    

Computer Help needed Urgent!

blunderbuster
Germany

Computer Help needed Urgent!

Hi,

I am preparing for a phonetics seminar tomorrow and my computer is printing empty pages. I have tried two different printers and the PDF maker....why is that? The pages it does print are screwed up color-wise, the lines are dark grey and light grey and the original document only has lines in one color.

Please help!

Thanks.

19 Sep 2010      

manonski (f)
Canada

Have you tried printing another type of document?

19 Sep 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

I have tried docx and pdf, it even prints white pds fapges or just some of the elements...the copy shop opens at 9 and I teach at nine.....damn it

19 Sep 2010     

manonski (f)
Canada

Have you checked the website of the company that makes your printer? Sometimes they have a troubleshooting section.
Maybe your printer has different printing settings too.

Sorry if I can �t be more helpful.

19 Sep 2010     

gabitza
Romania

Is your printer laser jet? If so, maybe the toner need replacing.

Have you tried restarting your printer as well as your PC?

There is nothing else I can think of! I �m so sorry, I hope there is somebody else here who could give you some help!

19 Sep 2010     

mariamit
Greece

Hi Regina,

If you �ve tried all of the above and nothing works try uninstalling and reinstalling the printer. Something similar happened to me once and I was advised to do what I �ve described and it worked.

Good Luck!

19 Sep 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Thank you all for trying to help. We have been able to solve part of the problem.....I have no idea why the lines are printed in two different colors....oh well, doesn �t make much sense having a sunburnt guy printed in black and white, but better that than nothing, right...

I wish I knew why these lines are getting screwed up.....

Thanks again.

19 Sep 2010