Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Wow--we īre from all over!    

Wow--we īre from all over!

SueThom
United States

Wow--we īre from all over!

Sometimes when I īm reading posts in the forum or looking at contributions(WS, PPTs), I wonder where the authors are from.  I īm not very good with recognizing flags, so I have to go to another website to look them up.  Finally decided I was tired of doing that and started a list of flags and their countries that I see pretty often on this site.  I thought I īd just start with the ones in the forum, because it īs a smaller percentage of contributors and there are so many "regulars".  However, just in the last few days there īve been posts from over 50 countries!  I ended up having to make MYSELF flashcards so I can learn them all! LOL

I knew teachers from all around the world use this site, but...wow, we really are from ALL around the world! 

20 Sep 2010      

franknbea
United Kingdom

Hi Sue
And I bet you īre not even counting the country hoppers like yours trulyLOL
PortugalUkUsPoland does four go into one?
or vice-versa?Big smile

20 Sep 2010     

SueThom
United States

"Country hoppers"!?!  That īs a new one for me!

Nope, not counting you "country hoppers"; just the flag you īre currently under and that īs quite a variety already.

(BTW, love those little flag-wavers.)

20 Sep 2010     

yanogator
United States

If you just rest your mouse pointer on the flag next to the post, it will show you the country.

Bruce

20 Sep 2010     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Yes, Yanogator is right, if you work with a PC; if you are using a Mac the only way is to pretend you are saving the clip/flag ( right click ); it will show you the country.
BTW, I am posting to check what has happened to the forum, I can īt see any changes in the posts fo hours and hours - it seems strange, though, obviously possible. Just trying to chech.
Sweet dreams. off, deeply tired and upset
linda

20 Sep 2010