Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Word of the Day - answer and tomorrow īs setter    

Word of the Day - answer and tomorrow īs setter

almaz
United Kingdom

Word of the Day - answer and tomorrow īs setter

houghmagandy = (humorous) adulterous sexual intercourse, fornication.

And tomorrow īs setter will be Silke (Lina Ladybird)

BTW - it īs an incredibly difficult job to choose the funniest, wittiest etc definition. I could scarcely believe the creativity and wonderful linguistic contortions. Hats off to everyone!

(Leonidas (Raquel): you īll never know how close you were to the truth - I once met Noam Chomsky in Brechin īs Bar in Govan, Glasgow...)

22 Sep 2010      

leonidas75
Spain

He is the only linguist I can imagine with a pint in his hand :) Anyway, I won īt imagine him whispering this word to his wife NOW that I know its meaning :D

22 Sep 2010     

PhilipR
Thailand

Okay, now we know who won, but what was the winning definition? Would it be possible to (re)post the funniest definition here because I don īt really want to waste precious surfing time searching for the post.

22 Sep 2010