Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Tips for new teachers    

Tips for new teachers

BEA.
Belgium

Tips for new teachers

Hey everybody.

This is the second day i am on the website and i find it GREAT! Clap
Although i found many cool printables, i have earned but 2 pts by now, so not to much to dld for the moment... Disapprove

Anyway, what i wanted to ask is: I have observed that many of your materials are extremely pretty, so when you create flashcards, worksheets etc, how do you do do them? Where do you find all those nice images, all those nice borders etc? You do it all in Microsoft Word, or you use some other program?

I think this would  be helpful for us new teachers, that would help us start being creative and put together all our creative ideas to achieve the best results.

Thanks for your help and ideas!

Good Luck to you all!

a

22 Sep 2008      

Vickiii
New Zealand

The best answer to this is - I suggest you download the following tutorials.  These two teachers will usually email them to you if you do not have enough points.  They are incredibly helpful in teaching people how to make good printables.

When you do get a lot of points I also suggest you check out their printables - as they are two of the star contributors on this site. (there are many others as well!!!)  They are both extremely generous with their willingness to help people.

Good luck

PS - leave a lovely comment for these two stars - as they both relish feedback and the community loves to help people who are kind and considerate.

22 Sep 2008     

BEA.
Belgium

Thank a LOT Heart

22 Sep 2008     

mizutamari
United States

I like to use a lot of free clipart images off Google image search.

As for making the worksheets and getting the final product to look nice, that takes a good understanding of Microsoft Word or whatever program you make them in. =)  The more you experiment, the better you�ll get!

23 Sep 2008     

anyteacher
Argentina

Hi Mizutamari!!
Are you interested in docs. that teach you how to use word drawing tools? I�ve found some on the net in pdf format. If you need them contact to my e-mail. Also are you interested in e-mail exchages to our students? I�m starting a project this week. A big hug and welcome from Argentina!!

23 Sep 2008     

mizutamari
United States

I can�t draw well so I�ve never used Word drawing tools so I just use free clipart from the Internet.  I think it�s okay to use them in our worksheets since we�re not making money off of them- only sharing to other teachers.  =D

Ah, I wish our students could do that!   The school adminstrators say "no" because recently there has been a lot of internet crime concerning children in Japan.  =(  Unforfunately they don�t think the English practice is worth the risk.  =( =( =(  Thanks for your nice offer, though!

25 Sep 2008