Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Class or school language contests    

Class or school language contests

Kakunia44
Poland

Class or school language contests

Hello dear teachers, I �ve just started my first year of teaching primary-school pupils and I �ve got a question. Have you ever done any English contests or do you have any ideas on what kind of competition would be attractive for the little ones? Best of luck to all of the teachers in this wonderful community! :)

24 Sep 2010      

R.Suthar
India

Dear
According to your native language talking and english vocabuary jokes may make them enjoy.

24 Sep 2010     

Lucia13
Armenia

Hi there,
This year I am going to organize a school cometition in English(actually this is held every year but English will be for the first time)for my first,second and third graders and this is what I have in mind
-riddle,e.g. It is big,it is yellow,it is hot.What is it?Based on the students � level you can give multiple choice answers or no
-Error correction(this is what the other teachers would do)They would give each group a small text where they are supposed to find a certain number of errors
-Multiple choice answers based on the units they have passed
-Unscramble exercise again based on the vocabulary learnt(e.g.threa-heart)
This is what I can recall for now.Hope  could help you
With Love,

24 Sep 2010