Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Handwritten letters    

Handwritten letters

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi
HI, again, hello to all of you..........

I don �t understand what the problem is. I can identify every single letter, THOUGh, i �d be very happy if my students used such a nice caligraphy, but all you have posted is perfectly normal, for me.
May be in other countries caligraphy is somehow different, but for me, I couldn �t see anything wrong. or less correct.

We don �t have a severe handwriting here, so I receive kuds about 10/ 11, each one has his/her own way of writing - it �s not compulsory to observe this or that way: - I think, ( my opinion ) we got used to several differents handwritings.

I am not sure ( shame on me ) if I understood what you are referring to, ; If I am saying a BIIIIIGGGG nonsense, PLEASE, forgive me.

I think you all write perfectly.

Anyway, thanks for having brought this question, it �s always useful to know that things are not the same everywhere. What seems to be a " difficulty" for some of you , seems to me ( if I understood the posts correctly ) quite normal.

Hugs
Linda

29 Sep 2010     

Jayho
Australia

Well, in my country we have seven states and the education department in each state dictates the writing style for its own state. As a result, we have four different writing styles downunder.  Confused  Crazy but true.

29 Sep 2010     

Lindax
Ukraine

Nowadays it is recommended not to teach connected cursive writing. At least ESL textbooks recommend to teach semi block handwriting and to avoid joining capital letters, r, t, etc.

You may find this interesting http://www.good.is/post/stop-teaching-handwriting/

29 Sep 2010     

< Previous   1    2