Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Help with powerpoint!    

Help with powerpoint!

anitarobi
Croatia

Help with powerpoint!

Dear colleagues!
Perhaps this is a silly question for this forum, but I �ve been trying to make a ppt for association games for days now and can �t! I �ve asked around, but it �s a mystery in the circles of my colleagues. My problem is the following - when the table for the game appears, I want the text to appear only in the field on which I click, so when students choose, for instance, A3, I click on that field and the clue appears. I used custom animation and made the text appear on click with the trigger of clicking that field of the table, and everything seems to be OK, but when I try to use the ppt, all I get is an empty table, and when I click on it the table just disappears. Please, help! If I make it, I could try uploading one in templates so that everyone can use it, but right now I �m stuck and frustrated....
Hopefully yours,
Anita

30 Sep 2010      

zailda
Brazil

Hi!

I got disheartened after struggling with a ppt file, trying to make it act the way I formated it to, but it simply messed everything up, showing the wrong answers as right or when clicking on answer b, showing all the answers at a time, for instance. And all sort of disappointing and silly behavior.

I  looked up for solutions in sites, and even following the instructions carefully it wouldn �t do what I expect. Deeply bothered with so stuborn kind of file and since I was willing to throw my computer against my room wall, I simply gave up.

If you get any answers for this kind of technology disaster I �ll be really glad to follow the instructions as well. Or - of course - will happily download all the games (or templates) you decide to share with the poor mortals completely lost and powerless against that stupid and stuck piece of junk that refuses to obey us under any circumstances - like me.

30 Sep 2010     

edrodmedina
United States

Send me a copy of the PPt and what you want it to do and I �ll see what I can do.  I love these kinds of challenges. ED   PM me for my email address.

30 Sep 2010     

anitarobi
Croatia

Thanks for understanding, Zailda. It made me feel so stupid... If I solve it, I �ll share, because I use these games so often and they �re so good and useful, I �d just love to have them as a ppt. The kids would flip over it.

Ed, you �re a champ. Will send you the ppt as soon as I can. Working now, and it0s at home.... Thanks for trying, even if you don �t make it. But if you love a challenge, you �ll probably make it. Thanks!!!

30 Sep 2010     

serene
Greece

Hi Anita, I �m sorry I can �t help you solve this problem. I �m far from an expert in powerpoints Embarrassed - I had a hard time making my contribution to Denisa �s project - but I do hope you manage to sort it out as I like your association games a lot and it would be great to have them in powerpoint format.
Good luck!! Hug

30 Sep 2010