Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > International teacher ´s Day    

International teacher ´s Day

libertybelle
United States

International teacher ´s Day

Today is international Teacher �s Day!

Good teachers work hard to educate kids for a better future -while politicians around the world give no money for books -make teachers pay for photocopies they use for their students, force 35-50 kids in a classroom, underpay their staff, under-staff their schools, close down schools in rural areas,  or buy modern equipment so kids can be on equal footing with the rest of the world,  Some teach in tents and old buildings and many teachers teach far too many hours a day -not to forget preparation, homework and corrections.Confused

A good education is a ticket out of the slums. I know many teachers who have made a difference and changed a life!

So dear colleagues - pat yourselves on the back  for all the hard work you do - you truly deserve it!!ClapClapClap

Hooray for us!!

5 Oct 2010      

suxanita
Portugal

A great hip hip hooray for all of us!
One day in the futur people will recognise our work and our efforts to change the world! (... I �m a dreamer.... I know!)

5 Oct 2010     

suxanita
Portugal

5 Oct 2010     

CariReguilleau
Argentina

Hi people!!!....I didn �t know ..but HAPPY TEACHER �S DAY to everyone...and to me too!!Thumbs Up

5 Oct 2010     

lolelozano
Argentina

Neither did I - I knew here in ARgentina we have the teacher�s day, but I didn�t know about the international teacher�s day!

happy day TEACHERS!

5 Oct 2010     

flo84
France

These are wise and nice words to read in the morning! Thank you Libertybelle for reminding us that we have reasons to be proud and happy!
Have a great day wonderful teachers!

5 Oct 2010     

stexstme
France

Hear! Hear!Big smile

5 Oct 2010     

jwld
Israel

Libertybelle, your post was very touching and oh so true.

I am both, overworked and underpaid, yet I �ve never considered doing anythyng else.
Everything seems boring after teacing!
The moment I step into class- the magic begins... this is, most likely, how an actor must feel when he goes on stage...or a gladiator when he enters the lion �s cage... :)

Happy teachers day all!

5 Oct 2010