Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Point system    

Point system

nita551
Spain

Point system

I�d like to start a point system with my kids, 4-5 yrs old, to help with behaviour and to encourage them to participate, but I�m not sure how to use the points they collect, how to reward them, any ideas?

5 Oct 2010      

edrodmedina
United States

Good morning..I used to give my students tickets which they would accumulate and use to buy stuff  I get from the dollar store. Since I teach all areas I decided to get fake coins of different denominations and give those that way they learn the names and value of the coins and get rewarded for expected behaviors and they can purchase pencils, erasers, coloring pages, balloons etc. You can evenmak stuff for them to exchange tickets or coins. You can even print your own tickets of dif. value and do it that way.

5 Oct 2010     

ELOJOLIE274
France

Hi,
you can give them green points - for good behaviour, when they repeat a sentence very well, when they volunteer... - and when they reach a certain number of points (10  or 20 it �s up to you) they can get a certificate! I love Ed �s idea, but it must cost a lot, especially if you have many kids in your classes...
be careful to explain the rules clearly before you start giving green points (or red ones in cas they misbehave) - otherwise they will always complain they didn �t get a point even if they didn �t deserve one...
have a great day!

5 Oct 2010     

nita551
Spain

Thanks a lot Ed and Elo, maybe �I can use both, one throughout the year and the other at the end of the year. Have a great day!!

6 Oct 2010