Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Crafts    

Crafts

Zora
Canada

Crafts

Hi everyone,

I noticed that yesterday while I was in the Reporting Section; people were voting off a worksheet that was considered to be a craft, saying that it wasn �t an ESL Resource and that they had voted off crafts before...

Finding such an "reason" strange, I looked through the rules and found nothing of the sort mentioned.

"Crafts" are/can be ESL activities. In fact, they are excellent ones because they teach simple commands that students can understand while they are doing something enjoyable. My sister uses them all the time with her "little ones" and I have seen English Workshops for Kids that are basically Art and Crafts based.

Basically, I just wanted to point out that it �s "not what we consider to be an ESL activity" BUT "what is allowed as one" - and absolutely nowhere does it say that "crafts" are not allowed and as moderators, we should keep this in mind when voting.

Cheers,
L.

5 Oct 2010      

Redbull
Thailand

ClapClapClap

5 Oct 2010     

Sonn
Russian Federation

Such publisher as Oxford University Press includes crafts to the activity books (e.g. Zig-Zag Island and Zig-Zag Magic). And even my 7- and 8-years-old pupils  ask me for crafts. If crafts are connected with topical vocabulary they definitely can be called ESL resources. Such crafts as finger puppets made of paper can be used for making short dialogues and role plays.

5 Oct 2010