Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Grammar and Linguistics > HELP NEEDED    

HELP NEEDED

Urpi
Peru

HELP NEEDED

Hi everybody please I am looking for some exercises about possessives with gerunds. Can you recommend anyones?
Thanks a bunch.

5 Oct 2010      

elderberrywine
Germany

give us an example, urpi!

5 Oct 2010     

Urpi
Peru

Would you mind my asking about the customs here?

5 Oct 2010     

ELOJOLIE274
France

well, since you need help, you have to tell us precisely what you �re looking for... like sentences you want to work on, themes... what level are you looking for? how old are your pupils?
have you tried looking in the old contributions here:
http://www.eslprintables.com/buscador/buscar.asp?nivel=any&age=0&tipo=any&contents=possessives%2C+gerund&username=&B1=Search#thetop
we can �t help you if you give us more details...
have a nice day
Elodie

P.S.: it would be great if you could remove your 2nd post! thanks

5 Oct 2010     

Urpi
Peru

Thanks for trying

5 Oct 2010     

almaz
United Kingdom

I can �t help you with specific exercises, Urpi, but it �s certainly interesting you should ask about this construction. The possessive with gerund is becoming less common these days, particularly in informal style and this seems to influence writing. Take a look at this post in Language Log and especially the last paragraph of the Merriam-Webster entry (use the �zoom � tool):

(I know LL can be a bit geeky at times - especially the comments section - but it �s a genuine source of information/debate on what �s happening to the English language right now)

5 Oct 2010