Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Word of the Day Winner    

Word of the Day Winner

douglas
United States

Word of the Day Winner

Wow! Wow! Wow!  You all really outdid yourselves today:
We had canabalistic thoughts of spooky poets, we glued ladies� toes together and "hoovered hamsters", we played with others� bottoms and found detectives with a liking for wines and swines. We even developed special flowers for poets and used their wares to make pop fashion.

I have to thank all of you for your wonderful creativity and now I have to pick a winner.  Before I do there are two honorable mentions I would like to give:

Mariethe came closest to the real definiton:
a poetaster (rhymes with alabaster) is "an inferior poet"

PMaryAnn- I loved your poem and if it had mentioned a wenis you probably would have won.

I pretty much  just rolled the dice to find the winner here, but the final deciding factor proved to be including the wannabe-word "wenis" in your definitons. 

The term wenis probably started out as a joke but is rapidly becoming accepted as a word for the loose skin on your elbow.

Without further ado, our winner for the day is David Lisgo!!  Congratulations!

Thank you everyone for the great participation!

Douglas

6 Oct 2010