Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Present Continuous song    

Present Continuous song

Spanglish girl
Argentina

Present Continuous song

Hi everybody!!
I need a very SIMPLE song for teaching the present continuous. Can you help me?

Thanks in advance!!!

2 Dec 2008      

Mariethe House
France

How can I write my name like you do? It�s so nice! Sorry I can�t help you for the song!But I am sure some of our super teachers will!
Have a nice day!

2 Dec 2008     

dellyyaa
Romania

"Are you sleeping , are you sleeping
Brother John, Brother John
Morning bells are ringing, morning bells are ringing
Ding , dang dong
Ding , dang, dong" after "Frere Jacques"song

2 Dec 2008     

merce
Spain

Hello!!!
You didn�t mention the level of your students. With my students of elementary level  I use "Lemon Tree" the Fool�s Garden. You can find the video in you tube.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCDIt50hRDs

Bye.

2 Dec 2008     

rotkappe
Germany

What about the song  I am sailing by Rod Steward?

2 Dec 2008     

Spanglish girl
Argentina

THANK YOU!!!!
Actually it�s really hard to describe how low the level of my students is, it�s a very complicated school, they don�t study anything, they have family, alcohol and drug problems, etc. So I�ve only been able to teach the verb BE, jobs, school objects and the present continuous. Tomorrow is the last lesson of this year , so I wanted to do something different, but it�s being really hard to find something for them.
Your suggestions are really good, I�m analyzing them now.

2 Dec 2008     

Mariethe House
France

your message touches me Anita...You are very brave! I am sure just your presence is a present to them in the world they live! I live in a very privileged and protected area in the country and I can�t imagine what i would do to teach the children you teach!
If I may give you some advice: get them to talk about themselves and the world they�e going to build/. But maybe this is too idealistic... I don�t know! i am sure you will find something for your last lesson!

2 Dec 2008     

aragoneses
Spain

Have a look at this page www.agendaweb.org, there are a lot of songs apart from grammar exercises, listening and reading.

2 Dec 2008     

Tere-arg
Argentina

Hi spanglish girl,

I have a book (+audio)  to teach grammar through simple songs.
It�s for kids (primary school)
Check your inbox, please and tell me.

Smile

2 Dec 2008     

cely
Argentina

Hi spanglish girl,

Just to say you I have read your message and �I understand you �because I work in a rural area with a lot of �problems, in a �poor condition and with a lack of everything , �It�s really difficult to make students learn �English. but don�t worry you�re not alone, - SORRY but i don�t have the song you need.

BYE � �CELY

2 Dec 2008     

jasnicka
Macedonia

santa claus is coming to townSmile

31 Jan 2012