Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Sorry Philip    

Sorry Philip

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

I �ve just read something now and:

Did you really believe I was trying to prove you �re not perfect because I mentioned the cactus pacifier drama?

Maaaaaan... I really did not mean that.

Couldn �t you see that I was trying to make an example of how sometimes people overract and make assumptions that are not really true about others (like in that case, which I DID NOT AGREE BY THE WAY - It was a silly picture, it was not a gun pointing to a kid �s face FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!! And in my opinion (not that it matters) it doesn �t say anything about you, a person, a teacher, Zailda).

EDIT: Maybe my mislead was discussing with you (on the same post, I mean) about things other members have mentioned in their posts about this drama. Sorry for not sticking to what you said. I was too general talking about the whole thing and I guess you thought I meant to say it was for you and it was actually more an overall.

8 Oct 2010     

zailda
Brazil

I completely understood everything you said - even if I have to admit that summarizing is not among your strong points (neither among mine, BTW).

I have just considered improper to mention a situation in which I was attacked / defended on the forum and ingaged in a heated discussion. I mean - I joined a thread to give my opinion and didn �t tell anyone what they should or shouldn �t do, and I felt you used that old situation just to show you POV against the others.

Even if it wasn �t your intention - and I am no one to know other person �s intentions - it wasn �t fair. (I �m not telling you that you HAVE to be fair either...)

If a student of yours doesn �t turn in his homework for lesson 1 on time, but he turns in lesson 2 and 3 on time, is it fair if other student is doing something wrong you tell the first student "shut up, remember you don �t turn in your homework on time �?

When you mentioned that event (which doesn �t bother me at all) you showed that you judge people - and worse - you don �t pay attention to their progress or learning, you try to judge them from their past (and not characteristical) actions. If only I had the same behavior every day, and it was one of my characteristics, so your comment would make sense.

And the funny thing was that you judge me as a way to show others they shouldn �t...

You know, no one is obliged to understand your intentions, we are only able to understand the words you write and - believe me - the words we write and the way we use them show very much about us, much more than single actions we do when we have a bad day.

I �m not the one who �s reporting and removing other person �s work only because they seem to be useless to me. I �m not the one who feels in the position to judge others. If you want to address to them, maybe you should collect some examples of their behavior, I �m not a role model to anyone. And I never wanted to be.

8 Oct 2010     

elderberrywine
Germany

hey, you two, give it a break!!

8 Oct 2010     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

To sum up then, I give up.
You clearly don �t seem to understand that I admire you as a member of this site, and most probably a person and a teacher, and I never meant to say (and haven �t said) what you �ve pointed out.
Maybe it �s something about your judgement of me that keeps you from getting that I haven �t judged you for a second. {And I even pointed out that I did not believe it was right of people to judge you on that case.}

8 Oct 2010     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

Hey, Dorothea! How did you find us!? LOL

We �ve turned this into our personal chat! Just kidding.

but don �t worry. Nothing bad will come out of this. At least not from my part.

8 Oct 2010     

zailda
Brazil

Sleepy

8 Oct 2010     

elderberrywine
Germany

sorry for intruding ... Tongue

8 Oct 2010     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

Shocked Shockingly mature

8 Oct 2010     

zailda
Brazil

Should I keep repeating the same things forever? I prefer to give up, if that doesn �t sound mature enough for you and you prefer to continue sending comments to this thread, go ahead. I confess I �m tired of it.

8 Oct 2010     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

I meant the smiley. But either way. It �s clear it �s personal, so... 

8 Oct 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    Next >