Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > helpme!!!    

helpme!!!

Blue Bird
Saudi Arabia

helpme!!!

Salam Aliakum
Please Can you help me  how can I encuorage my students in the class to participate in the lesson ,activities ,and team work (groups ) .
Thanks in advance.

10 Oct 2010      

Lindax
Ukraine

Salam Aliakum, dear Blue Bird!

You should specify your Students` age and level, if you want to get some help!�

10 Oct 2010     

Sahumah
Mauritania

RIGHT!! I agree with Linax. We need the age and the level of your students..Wink

Good Luck..

10 Oct 2010     

synapse
Morocco

It �s true that the age of your students would help other people to give appropraite advice. Yet, I think that you can find the solution of all your problems in these words:
Love, Mutual respect, Commitment, Creativity, and Self-confidence.
Believe me Miss. It �s all about these points regardless of how old they are or where they come from....
Good Luck

10 Oct 2010     

Sahumah
Mauritania

Hey Saynapse!! Thanks for your words. You really made me ponder.. really thanks.Star

10 Oct 2010     

chokosaki
United States

Synapse has some good advice with the words given.  However,  I would like to add in motivation. 

Motivation goes through all levels of learners and needs to be addressed early on.  With young learners, motivation could come in the form of points or rewards (like candy or stickers) and it could also come in the form of games.  Have some fun games that require the students to use English and they �ll be motivated enough to use the language.

For older students, motivation can be difficult if they aren �t interested.  Find out what interests them and work from there. 

With adults, let them know that their participation only will help them improve and that should be motivation enough. 

Good luck!

10 Oct 2010