Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > books to develop my teaching English     

books to develop my teaching English

sadoon
Oman

books to develop my teaching English

dear freinds hope you help me to download thses books ......

Scrivener J � Learning Teaching (Macmillan)

Parrott, M � Grammar for English Teachers (CUP)

Harmer J � how to Teach English (CUP)

R Murphy � English in Use

or advice me about any other useful books

thanks in advance

13 Oct 2010      

libertybelle
United States

Again - I have to say that it is illegal to download books.
Why don �t you ask your school to pay for those books if you need them?

I know some people here don �t mind stealing - but I do.
There are authors who have worked hard to write these books.

You wouldn �t ask a friend to walk into a shop and steal a pair of jeans for you, would you?
What kind of role models are we as teachers, if we support theft?

Every country needs to fund schools and materials.
If this is not high on the priority list - then these countries will end
up paying by having generations of thieves, drug dealers and law-breakers.
Try that argument on your school leaders.

L

13 Oct 2010     

sadoon
Oman

hi ............i wish make things clear for you that i dont encourge steeling books...and my school doesnt provide books for me and thses are very expensive in libraries so thats why i need help to have them in free 

13 Oct 2010     

ELOJOLIE274
France

they might be expensive to buy - in a book shop - but i �m sure you could find them in a library... because in a library you can borrow/read books for free...
you should go to a library and ask them if they have the books you �re looking for.
have a nice day!

13 Oct 2010     

sadoon
Oman

really thank you  ELOJOLIE274....I REALLY LIKE YOU REPLAY AND CLARRIFATION

13 Oct 2010     

libertybelle
United States

I don �t mean to be rude - but you should know (as a teacher)  that libraries are free.
You can also try finding those books used - they don �t cost as much.

13 Oct 2010     

MyFairy
Argentina

I completely agree with you guys... about authors � rights and not downloading books... but in some countries, esp where English is not our first language, it is not so easy to find books in bookstores or to borrow them from libraries, because there aren �t many libraries with specific material in English.

We need to order them abroad and THAT is really expensive because of the prices + shipping... so we need to choose our options on what to buy very carefully...
I think there are some sites where you can download books from but paying a cheaper fee that the original book. I think that is legal!

13 Oct 2010     

Jayho
Australia

That �s a good point MyFairy so I �d like to share this gem of a site with you and others in this situation.

I now buy my books from The Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.com/.  Not only do they have free shipping but their books are half the price of the retail price in Australia (though that might have something to do with the value of the Ozzie dollar at the moment).  Anyway, check it out because it could be a feasible option.

I also buy a lot of second hand teachers books from e-bay for ridiculously cheap prices.  The books mentioned frequently pop up on e-bay for very low prices.

Cheers

Jayho

13 Oct 2010     

Sonn
Russian Federation

sadoon, have you tried google.books http://books.google.com/? The books are availiable online but it �s impossible to download them. It �s like an online library. It �s a very helpful thing and nobody will accuse anyone of stealing.

13 Oct 2010     

dawnmain
United Kingdom

I don �t know about other countries but here in Spain the price of books in a bookshop is WAY above the price they pay for them from the publisher.  I was able to negociate a 25% discount with Macmillan, (I only need to buy a few books per year perhaps 20 or so) , but I know a Director of studies who got a 40% discount from Oxford.  So imagine what a bookshop must get.  The price of text books is a disgrace, and the system publishers use of releasing new editions and changing a couple of exercises every year is downright abusive.   Especially in an age of being environmentally aware, non-consumerist, promoting reusage and recycling.

I will soon have to buy   new sets of  books and CDs even though the  ones Ive got are in perfect condition, because my students wont be able to buy the same editions, which are now 3 years old. It will cost me a fortune, I mean around two hundred euros.
It makes me seethe!

13 Oct 2010     

dawnmain
United Kingdom

try englishtips.org which is great for people like me who can �t afford to buy all the books I want.
Amazon.co.uk is good for second hand and old editions and reduced prices.

13 Oct 2010     

1    2    Next >